DD214 Same Day Fax or Download
for a Veteran’s Funeral
Do you need a copy of a close relative's DD214 for a Veteran's funeral benefit right away? Then you've come to the right place. Touchstone has waived its expedited fees for you, and provides for bereavement requests same-day delivery of a fax/digital download copy of your loved one’s DD214.
Many families still do not know that since Jan. 1, 2000, every armed forces veteran and member on active duty or in the active reserve has had the right to be buried with patriotic flourishes provided by a military honor guard. On that date, Military Funeral Honors became a statutory benefit to all veterans with the signing of the National Defense Authorization Act. The law requires that, upon the family's request, every eligible veteran is entitled to receive a military funeral honors ceremony to include folding, presentation of the United States burial flag and the sounding of taps,at no cost to the family.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), too, will make a headstone available also at no cost to the family. Information on the headstone benefit can be found here: http://www.cem.va.gov/hmm/
Your funeral director is responsible for obtaining the required documentation (NGB 22 or DD214) from the next of kin to determine if the deceased veteran is eligible for military funeral honors. To qualify, the veteran must have been discharged or released from the service under conditions "other than dishonorable."
Touchstone’s Express Service is a personal research service. We act as your authorized agent and request your DD214 at the appropriate archives facility, physically, in person. If your order is received before 10 am Eastern Time, in almost all cases we can fax a copy or make a digital copy available to you for download the same day. To establish your eligibility for the benefit, all you'll need is a copy of your DD214 - the copy will suffice for almost all purposes. You can select the shipping method to receive the two (2) certified hard-copies of your relative’s DD214, from FedEx next day delivery to 2-3 day US Priority Mail.
As a part of our personal Express Service, if problems are encountered, we will either e-mail or call you to discuss and resolve any difficulties.
How to Order
The Department of Defense will also require proof of death. You will have to provide us, in addition to the Request Form, with a copy of the death certificate, a printed obituary, OR a letter from your funeral home which confirms the death.
Records Facility Processing Times
First, take into consideration the typical internal Government facility delays.
- Then select the Express Service processing time that you require below. This is the time that should be added to the Government delay to determine approximately when your DD214 will be shipped.
- Click the Add to Cart button below, Checkout and then create your account.
- You'll be given several shipping options. Select your shipping method of choice, from overnight FedEx to 2-4 day Priority Mail.
- Finally, after you've paid and completed your order, there will be a download link to a form at your Order Page. The form provides us with your personal information, your military history, and most importantly your signature. Your records are protected by the Privacy Act and the law requires that we have your written authorization in order to allow us to access your records. Log Into your account and download the PDF form from there. OR, you can access the DD214 Request Form in either HTML (here) OR PDF (here) formats OR submit electronically (no fax required!) through our eSign Form (here) (Beta). Follow the form's simple instructions: complete the form, sign it and send it back to us ASAP so that we’ll have the necessary information and your authorization to commence our search for your DD214. We cannot begin until we have a copy of your signed authorization in-hand. This form MUST be signed by you so that we can act as your agent and on your behalf in regard to our search.
If you require a DD214 for reasons other than an imminent funeral, for economy services, either “Do It Yourself” or Guided Service, visit HERE. For Express Service visit HERE.
Questions? Or order by phone!
How can our researchers get you your record so fast? We encourage you to read our FAQ (Click HERE)
for any questions or concerns.
The simplest and easiest way to obtain your DD214 is to order it here, online 24/7. But if you still have any questions or concerns ... you can access our on-line chat by clicking the chat button at left. Or call us toll-free: 800-At DD214 (800-283-3214).|
Our call center hours are M-F 08:30am to 11:00pm Eastern time, but is closed federal holidays. After hours, we do monitor "urgent" messages and will return emergency calls. Our back-office operations are working 24/7 to move your order forward. The earlier you place your order, the sooner we will retrieve your documents.
Guaranteed, Bonded and Insured Service
In all cases, we GUARANTEE the fastest possible delivery.
* Business Days. Same Day, Two and Three Day Express Service processing require our receipt of your signed authorization by 10 a.m. Eastern Time. Hard copy delivery are certified copies. Fax or Email Image Attachment are not certified copies.
Delivery is FOB shipping point, delivery to shipper. Below are OUR process times, the time within which we will acquire your DD-214 and deliver it to the shipper. You'll be able to select the shipping choice that best meets your needs.