Nobody Gets You Your 201 File Faster
(If you want general information regarding the separation papers issued to veterans, known as a DD214, visit DD214.US)
The Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) hold the stories of millions of individuals who defended our nation throughout the many wars of the 20th century. They contain such documents as enlistment contracts, duty locations, performance evaluations, award citations, training records, and the especially important Report of Separation (DD Form 214 or earlier equivalent).
Complete OMPFs are available for more than 34 million veterans, plus several million more partial files and supplemental records regarding individual military service. Most folders that were retired before the early 1990s also include records of routine physical exams and outpatient medical and dental treatment. Such health records now go directly to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The most common OMPF container is a stiff 12-by-9½-inch brown file folder. Because the army calls its folder Form 201, a popular term for all military personnel folders is "the 201 file." Many of the folders from the past quarter-century contain microfiche images of the personnel documents that were sent to NPRC either in place of the original paper records or with them. OMPFs reside in hundreds of thousands of cubic-foot cardboard boxes on 11-foot-high shelves in immense storage areas.
Touchstone’s Express Service is a personal research service. We act as your authorized agent and request your 201 File at the appropriate archives facility, physically, in person. If your order is received before 10 am Eastern Time, in many cases we can both fax a copy to you of your DD214 the same day and FedEx your complete 201 File for your in-hand receipt the very next day.
Your records will be kept at one or more of well over 100 different government records repositories, each of which will have its own processing procedure - and processing times. The time in which the Government will provide our on-premises researchers with your "chart" will vary from facility to facility. Many records can be obtained the same day. Many others cannot. However, in well over 95% of cases, we will deliver your complete 201 File to you within 7 business days.
You should take these Government internal delays into consideration when you place your order.
As a part of our personal Express Service, if problems are encountered, we will either e-mail or call you to discuss and resolve any difficulties. This speeds the process over snail-mail correspondence.
How to Order
Records Facility Processing Times
First, take into consideration the typical internal Government facility delays.
- Then select the Express Service processing time that you require below. This is the time that should be added to the Government delay to determine approximately when your 201 File will be shipped.
- Click the Add to Cart button below, Checkout and then create your account.
- You'll be given several shipping options. Select your shipping method of choice, from overnight FedEx to 2-4 day Priority Mail.
- Finally, after you've paid and completed your order, there will be a download link to a form at your Order Page. The form provides us with your personal information, your military history, and most importantly your signature. Your records are protected by the Privacy Act and the law requires that we have your written authorization in order to allow us to access your records. Log Into your account and download the PDF form from there. OR, you can access the 201 File Request Form in either HTML OR PDF formats OR submit electronically (no fax required!) through our eSign Form (here) (Beta). Follow the form's simple instructions: complete the form, sign it and send it back to us ASAP so that we’ll have the necessary information and your authorization to commence our search for your OMPF. We cannot begin until we have a copy of your signed authorization in-hand. This form MUST be signed by you so that we can act as your agent and on your behalf in regard to our search.
Questions? Or Order by Phone.
The simplest and easiest way to obtain your 201 File is to order it here, online 24/7. But if you still have any questions or concerns ...
you can access our on-line chat by clicking the chat button at left. Or call us toll-free: 800-At DD214 (800-283-3214).
Our call center hours are M-F 08:30 to 23:00 hours Eastern time, but is closed federal holidays. Our back-office operations are working 24/7 to move your order forward. The earlier you place your order, the sooner we will retrieve your documents.
Guaranteed, Bonded and Insured Service
In all cases, we GUARANTEE the fastest possible delivery. No one can get you your 201 File faster.
* Business Days. Same Day, Two and Three Day Express Service processing require our receipt of your signed authorization by 10 a.m. Eastern Time. Hard copy delivery are certified copies. Fax or Email Image Attachment are not certified copies.
Delivery is FOB shipping point, delivery to shipper. Below are OUR process times, the time within which we will acquire your 201 File and deliver it to the shipper. You should add to this any internal Government facility delays. Later in the order process you'll be able to select the shipping choice that best meets your needs.
Fee includes up to 100 copies and USPS Priority Mail Envelop. Excess copies are are billed at $25/100 or part. USPS Box is an extra $5.00.
|Extended Download Service: